At Doctor Calvin’s Clinic we offer a massage from one of our licensed massage therapists. Among the many different types of massage therapy that are available our therapists do the following:
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
Massage therapy helps our patients to become pain free and helps to speed up their recovery. Massage therapy has many benefits as listed below.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow-the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ-the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins-amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress relate. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can without a doubt help manage stress. This translates to:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
You may pay to receive a 30 minute or a 1 hour massage. Call us at 801-973-1022 (West Valley) or 801-990-5220 (Salt Lake City) for prices and available times today!